By Samar K. Saha
Compact versions for built-in Circuit layout: traditional Transistors and Beyond offers a contemporary treatise on compact types for circuit computer-aided layout (CAD). Written by means of an writer with greater than 25 years of adventure in semiconductor strategies, units, and circuit CAD, and greater than 10 years of educational event in educating compact modeling classes, this first-of-its-kind ebook on compact SPICE types for very-large-scale-integrated (VLSI) chip layout bargains a balanced presentation of compact modeling an important for addressing present modeling demanding situations and realizing new types for rising devices.
Starting from easy semiconductor physics and protecting state of the art gadget regimes from traditional micron to nanometer, this text:
- Presents typical types for bipolar-junction transistors (BJTs), metal-oxide-semiconductor (MOS) field-effect-transistors (FETs), FinFETs, and tunnel field-effect transistors (TFETs), besides statistical MOS models
- Discusses the most important factor of method variability, which critically affects gadget and circuit functionality in complex applied sciences and calls for statistical compact models
- Promotes additional study of the evolution and improvement of compact types for VLSI circuit layout and analysis
- Supplies primary and sensible wisdom worthy for effective built-in circuit (IC) layout utilizing nanoscale devices
- Includes workout difficulties on the finish of every bankruptcy and huge references on the finish of the book
Compact versions for built-in Circuit layout: traditional Transistors and Beyond is meant for senior undergraduate and graduate classes in electric and electronics engineering in addition to for researchers and practitioners operating within the quarter of electron units. even if, even these unexpected with semiconductor physics achieve a pretty good seize of compact modeling techniques from this book.
Read or Download Compact Models for Integrated Circuit Design: Conventional Transistors and Beyond PDF
Similar electronics books
Even supposing there's expanding want for modeling and simulation within the IC package deal layout section, so much meeting approaches and diverse reliability exams are nonetheless in keeping with the time eating "test and check out out" strategy to receive the simplest answer. Modeling and simulation can simply ascertain digital layout of Experiments (DoE) to accomplish the optimum resolution.
This ebook will introduce layout methodologies, referred to as Built-in-Self-Test (BiST) and Built-in-Self-Calibration (BiSC), which complement the robustness of radio frequency (RF) and millimeter wave (mmWave) built-in circuits (ICs). those circuits are utilized in present and rising conversation, computing, multimedia and biomedical items and microchips.
This ebook addresses key features of analog built-in circuits and platforms layout regarding procedure point electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. it's a useful reference for an individual constructing systems-on-chip (SoC) and systems-on-package (SoP), built-in with system-level ESD security. The ebook specializes in either the layout of semiconductor built-in circuit (IC) elements with embedded, on-chip process point defense and IC-system co-design.
The section transition and the reversible optical and electric switching that take place in chromogenic fabrics lower than the impact of exterior forces resembling warmth, gentle, and electrical box are themes of huge clinical curiosity. Transition steel Oxide skinny Film–Based Chromogenics and units discusses experimental and theoretical advancements within the box of chromogenics in response to the transition steel oxide (TMO) skinny movies.
- Nanometer CMOS ICs: From Basics to ASICs
- Electronic Systems: Operational amplifiers and circuits INA, OTA, CFA, Norton, ISO advanced OpAmps negative feedback, stability and frequency compensation Sample&Hold circuits, DAC and ADC converters
- Modeling and Characterization of RF and Microwave Power FETs: Characterization and Modeling of LDMOS and III-V Devices (The Cambridge RF and Microwave Engineering Series)
- Identification of Physical Systems: Applications to Condition Monitoring, Fault Diagnosis, Soft Sensor and Controller Design
- Introduction to Electronics
- Handbook of 3D Integration, Volume 3: 3D Process Technology
Extra resources for Compact Models for Integrated Circuit Design: Conventional Transistors and Beyond