By Russell B. Millar
- Provides an available advent to pragmatic greatest chance modelling.
- Covers extra complicated themes, together with normal sorts of latent variable types (including non-linear and non-normal mixed-effects and state-space versions) and using greatest probability versions, akin to estimating equations, conditional chance, constrained probability and built-in likelihood.
- Adopts a pragmatic procedure, with a spotlight on delivering the proper instruments required via researchers and practitioners who gather and learn genuine data.
- Presents a variety of examples and case stories throughout quite a lot of purposes together with drugs, biology and ecology.
- Features purposes from quite a number disciplines, with implementation in R, SAS and/or ADMB.
- Provides all software code and software program extensions on a helping website.
- Confines aiding idea to the ultimate chapters to take care of a readable and pragmatic concentration of the previous chapters.
This booklet is not only an available and functional textual content approximately greatest probability, it's a accomplished consultant to trendy greatest chance estimation and inference. it will likely be of curiosity to readers of all degrees, from amateur to specialist. it will likely be of serious profit to researchers, and to scholars of facts from senior undergraduate to graduate point. to be used as a path textual content, workouts are supplied on the finish of every chapter.