By Randall Fulton,Roy Vandermolen
Written by way of a Federal Aviation management (FAA) advisor exact engineering consultant (DER) and an electronics layout engineer who jointly taught the DO-254 category on the Radio Technical fee for Aeronautics, Inc. (RTCA) in Washington, District of Columbia, united states, Airborne digital layout insurance: A Practitioner's consultant to RTCA/DO-254 is an affidavit to the teachings realized and knowledge won from decades of first-hand event within the layout, verification, and approval of airborne digital hardware.
This useful advisor to using RTCA/DO-254 within the improvement of airborne digital for security severe airborne applications:
- Describes tips to optimize engineering techniques and practices to harmonize with DO-254
- Addresses the one such a lot complicated element of engineering and compliance to DO-254—poorly written requirements
- Includes an academic on the right way to write standards that would reduce the fee and energy of digital layout and verification
- Discusses the typical pitfalls encountered through practitioners of DO-254, in addition to how these pitfalls ensue and what will be performed approximately them
- Settles the continuing debate and misconceptions in regards to the actual definition of a derived requirement
- Promotes embracing DO-254 because the top potential to accomplish compliance to it, in addition to the simplest route to high quality digital hardware
Airborne digital layout coverage: A Practitioner's advisor to RTCA/DO-254 deals real-world perception into RTCA/DO-254 and the way its targets will be happy. It presents engineers with precious info that may be utilized to any undertaking to make compliance to DO-254 as effortless and problem-free as possible.
Read or Download Airborne Electronic Hardware Design Assurance: A Practitioner's Guide to RTCA/DO-254 PDF
Similar electronics books
Even if there's expanding desire for modeling and simulation within the IC package deal layout section, such a lot meeting strategies and diverse reliability checks are nonetheless in line with the time eating "test and check out out" way to receive the easiest answer. Modeling and simulation can simply verify digital layout of Experiments (DoE) to accomplish the optimum answer.
This ebook will introduce layout methodologies, often called Built-in-Self-Test (BiST) and Built-in-Self-Calibration (BiSC), which counterpoint the robustness of radio frequency (RF) and millimeter wave (mmWave) built-in circuits (ICs). those circuits are utilized in present and rising verbal exchange, computing, multimedia and biomedical items and microchips.
This publication addresses key facets of analog built-in circuits and platforms layout concerning process point electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. it's a useful reference for somebody constructing systems-on-chip (SoC) and systems-on-package (SoP), built-in with system-level ESD safeguard. The e-book specializes in either the layout of semiconductor built-in circuit (IC) parts with embedded, on-chip process point safeguard and IC-system co-design.
The section transition and the reversible optical and electric switching that happen in chromogenic fabrics less than the impression of exterior forces resembling warmth, gentle, and electrical box are themes of large medical curiosity. Transition steel Oxide skinny Film–Based Chromogenics and units discusses experimental and theoretical advancements within the box of chromogenics in accordance with the transition steel oxide (TMO) skinny movies.
- Make: Analog Synthesizers
- SPICE for Power Electronics and Electric Power, Third Edition (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Language Identification Using Spectral and Prosodic Features (SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design
- The Definitive Guide to ARM® Cortex®-M3 and Cortex®-M4 Processors
- Circuits, Matrices and Linear Vector Spaces (Dover Books on Electrical Engineering)
Additional resources for Airborne Electronic Hardware Design Assurance: A Practitioner's Guide to RTCA/DO-254