By Matthias Henze
Moshe J. Bernstein
George J. Brooks
Edward M. Cook
James L. Kugel
Jacques van Ruiten
Gregory E. Sterling
Sarah J. Tanzer
Benjamin G. Wright III
Read Online or Download A Companion to Biblical Interpretation in Early Judaism PDF
Similar judaism books
Students of the Hebrew Bible have within the final decade began to query the ancient accuracy of the Israelite sojourn in Egypt, as defined within the ebook of Exodus. the cause of the rejection of the exodus culture is expounded to be the shortcoming of historic and archaeological facts in Egypt. these advancing those claims, in spite of the fact that, usually are not experts within the learn of Egyptian background, tradition, and archaeology.
A JPS bestseller, this is often the definitive paintings of scholarship at the medieval notion of the Jew as devil—literally and figuratively. via files, research, and illustrations, the e-book exposes the whole spectrum of the Jew’s demonization as satan, sorcerer, and formality assassin. the writer unearths how those myths, many with origins traced to Christian Europe within the past due center a long time, nonetheless exist in transmuted shape within the glossy period.
How can we relatively connect to God in order that our prayers movement from the pinnacle to the guts? In its knowledge, Jewish culture has created what can in simple terms be understood as a dance that, if performed thoroughly, can carry the player into an intimate stumble upon with the Divine. How is Jewish prayer a dance? One sits and stands, strikes one's fingers, strikes from side to side, bows and rises up; one chants and sings and embraces God.
Judaism is by way of far the oldest of the 3 Abrahamic religions and, regardless of the terribly diversified varieties it has taken and numerous ideals it has contained over 3 millennia, it's been normally understood by means of either Jews and gentiles as a unmarried entity. there were many histories of the Jewish humans yet remarkably few makes an attempt to narrate the heritage and evolution of Judaism itself.
- Ritual Innovation in the Hebrew Bible and Early Judaism (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- DNA Science and the Jewish Bloodline
- Holy Brother: Inspiring Stories and Enchanted Tales about Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach
- Toward a Jewish (M)Orality: Speaking of a Postmodern Jewish Ethics (Contributions to the Study of Religion)
- Dieu et les juifs : Entretiens avec A. Abécassis, G. Bernheim, B. Gross, M. Gugenheim, M. A.Ouak, J.Sitruck (Presences du judaisme) (French Edition)
- Did Moses Exist?: The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver
Extra resources for A Companion to Biblical Interpretation in Early Judaism